Sunday, August 9, 2009

So.... I'm sitting here looking over at him competely knocked out in a food coma and I can't help but chuckle to myself as I remember what he said between forkfuls of chicken. "I don't know how they can be satisfied with girlfriends. I have a wife". Of course, I sucked my teeth and rolled my eyes. But I had to smile and pat myself on the back. I am going to be an amazing wife and mother one day. And an amazing restaurant owner!! (say it so you can achieve it) He scraped the plate. Then he dissappeared. So much for helping to clean up.Thanks honey.You know, I truly believe that we all have the potential to be great wives one day. It's not just love that gets people through tough times. Food helps. I mean, haven't we all seen Soul Food and the Sopranos?The recipe for today is one that will help you get a ring. I promise you. I say this as I stare down at my naked left ring finger, but I know what I'm talking about! I swear, I do. Men like to feel special. This meal will make him feel that way. But Ladies, don't just go making Put a Ring on It Sunday dinner for no damn reason! He has to deserve it, just like he has to deserve you. Of course, he will probably eat and go lay down which will make you want to stab him in the neck with a kebab skewer, but such is life (woooosahhhh). Get a glass of wine, wash the dishes, and pick your battles.xoxo- V

Put a Ring on It Sunday Dinner Ingredients:
Chicken:2 cornish hens
twine to tie legs together
Salt to taste
Black Pepper
Paprika
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
Cayenne Pepper
3 tablespoons of butter
Green Seasoning
Adobo
1 onion chopped into large pieces
1 bundle of scallions chopped
1 clove of garlic chopped
Worchester Sauce
Thyme
Lawry's Seasoned Salt
1 carrot chopped
1 whole lemon

Carrot Rice:
2 cups of rice
4 cups of water
salt to taste
tablespoon of butter
1 piece of onion
1 cup of shredded carrots (best to shred the carrot yourself)

Asparagus:
1 bundle of fresh asparagus
2 tablespoons of butter
Parmasean Cheese

Stovetop Stuffing:
Ok, I'm not a miracle worker, and I hate this stuff, so I just make it from the box

Cucumber and Avocado Salad:
2 whole cucumbers- sliced
1 cup of shredded carrots
1 whole avocado cut in pieces
1/2 cup of Italian Vinagarette
1 cup of red wine

Recipe:
Preheat oven to 350 degreesClean chicken, then soak it in water with vinegar
Pat chicken dry and season
In a bowl seaon 2 tablespoons of butter with black pepper, paprika, Lawry's, and Thyme. Mix well.
With your fingers, pick up the skin under the breast of the chicken and spread seasoned butter there. Spread seasoned butter all over chicken, focusing on the breast, legs, and wings.Stuff chicken with onions, garlic, lemon, and Thyme
Place uncovered chicken on a roasting rack and bake for 40 minutes. Turn oven to 400 degrees and continue cooking for another 40 minutes. This will make chicken crispy on the outside.Remove chicken from oven. Cover with foil paper, and let rest for at least 15 minutes before cutting. Allowing the chicken to rest will make it juicy!
For the carrot rice, boil 2 cups of rice with 2 tablespoons of butter, salt, and a piece of onion. When rice is cooked, add shredded carrots and mix well. You can also use yellow rice.
For asparagus, melt butter in a frying pan and add asparagus with a little black pepper. Cover and allow to steam. Sprinkle with parmasean cheese and remove from flame.
For cucumber salad, add cucumbers to a salad bowl with piece of avocado. Mix Italian Vinagarette and red wine. Add to salad and mix well.
Serve to your honey! If he likes it he will put a ring on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment